Home building and contents insurance

Severnside Mortgage Solutions Ltd can provide you advice with the best home insurance policies available to suit your own personal requirements!

Home Insurance is made up of both Building and Contents Insurance, which can be set up as a joint policy or taken as standalone policies.

Home Building Insurance

Buildings insurance covers the cost of rebuilding or repairing damage to your property, other than that arising through normal wear and tear. This includes permanent fixtures and fittings, such as built-in kitchen units, bathroom suites, toilets and built-in cupboards. Most policies will also cover any outbuildings, such as a garage, shed or greenhouse.

It is a requirement of the lender that you have Buildings Insurance in place so that if anything was to happen to the property by an insured event it could be repaired or rebuilt so the value was not adversely affected. You will need to know the rebuild value of your property to ensure you are adequately insured for the correct amount.

Home Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance could cover the cost of replacing your possessions in your home if they are stolen, destroyed or damaged. Again you would set the value of your contents, so you are insured for the correct amount and you are also able to have individual items insured under your Contents Insurance.

Please Note: The plan will have no cash-in value at any time and will cease at the end of the term. If premiums are not maintained, then your cover will lapse.